Information Technology Function
The role of information technology in everyday life is very important. Due to technological developments have been increasingly rapidly so that the human need for technology is also growing. One current use of information technology is Integration. The use of Information Technology in an organization is important, Information Technology must be seen to apply the characteristics of the organization.For loans tips, you can see through http://www.fundingcards.com/.
What Information Technology can improve the efficiency of a company, so that in the application of Information Technology needed a reliable person who can work well. The role of information technology for a company can be seen by using the categories introduced by G.R. Terry, there are five fundamental role of information technology in an enterprise, namely:
1. Operational function will create an organizational structure to become leaner has taken over its function by information technology. Due to the nature of its use is spreading across organizational functions, units associated with the management of information technology will perform its function as a supporting agency where information technology is considered as an infrastructure firm.
2. Monitoring and Control function implies that the existence of information technology will be an integral part to the activity at managerial level embedded within each function manager, so that the organizational structure associated with the unit should be able to have a span of control or peer relationship that allows the effective interaction with managers at the company concerned.
3. Functions Planning and Decision raised the level of information technology to a more strategic role for its existence as an enabler of the company’s business plan and is a knowledge generator for the company’s leaders are faced with the reality to take some important decisions daily. Not infrequently the company ultimately chose to put information technology unit as part of the planning function and / or corporate development as a strategic function mentioned above.
4. Communication Functions in principle included in the infrastructure firm in the modern era where information technology organization placed its position as a means or an individual media companies to communicate, collaborate, co-operating, and interact.
5. Interorganizational function is a role that is quite unique because it is triggered by a spirit of globalization are forcing companies to do a collaboration or partnership with a number of other companies. The concept of strategic partnerships or partnerships based on information technology such as the implementation of Supply Chain Management or Enterprise Resource Planning makes the company made a number of important breakthroughs in designing the organizational structure of its information technology unit. It is not even uncommon companies tend to conduct outsourcing or outsourcing some business processes related to the management of information technology to the other party for smooth business. The type and function of the role of information technology will directly affect the design or the design of the company’s organizational structure; and the organizational structure of the department, division or unit associated with information systems, information technology, and information management. From the above discussion we can conclude that the role of Information Technology in a large enterprise, medium and small, be it private, state-owned or government, all require Information Technology systems that can integrate information so it can support its infrastructure. Some large companies that have implemented Information Technology applications extensively, this was done because the previous application that can no longer support the system is running. Although there are obstacles faced when implementing or funding that is fairly large for the Information Technology implementation that does not preclude the company to keep running because of what has issued balanced with what is obtained, in this case the process of implementation in accordance with what is expected.